Friday, March 21, 2008

Police Beat

Aaron brings home The Daily Universe for me everyday because I like to read the newspaper. My favorite section is Police Beat. It cracks me up with some of the crazy happenings and absurd reasons the police are called. If any of you have read it I'm sure you will agree. Here's a couple entries out of the other day's paper that I thought particularly odd and funny:

Disorderly Conduct
March 12: A male student posted fliers in female dorm halls asking for dates to satisfy a dating requirement for his marriage preparation class. The fliers not only violate BYU policy but were disturbing female residents. Police discovered that the student was not enrolled in that class and the professor he said he had has retired.

Suspicious Behavior
March 14: A student called BYU police when she noticed three suspicious males walking around a parking lot. When police responded they determined that the suspicious males were actually grounds crew who had been picking up trash.

3 comments:

. said...

You can totally add me to your list. I added you guys already, but I think I put the wrong address so i'll have to fix it.
-brooke

Lindsey said...

I LOVE the Police Beat!!! I am so sad that I can't read it anymore. I remember last year I didn't have class on Wednesday so I couldn't read it then either.

Michelle said...

That's hilarious! I haven't read the police beat in sooo long. I really miss it. Thanks for filling me in!