Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hawaii

Last week and the week before we went to Hawaii with my family. We spent the first week on Maui and the second on Oahu. It was a nice to go on a relaxing vacation because our big trip to Europe last year was a lot of running around. The beach in Maui was awesome!! It was just half a block away from our condo. It is the second best beach I have ever been to- Cancun being the first. Ethan was scared of the water at first but soon became quite the beach baby. I unfortunately lost my sunnies twice in the ocean. The first time Aaron found them in the water 20 minutes later. You would have thought I learned my lesson not to wear my sunnies into the ocean but big waves kept on taking me down by surprise. I love to play in the waves!!!

It was nice to visit Oahu again. I can't believe it had been almost 10 years since I went last. We visited all the touristy places such as: the Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, Waimea, Hanauma Bay, and the Dole Pineapple Factory. The place we stayed at on Oahu had a bunch of man-made lagoons that we had fun playing in too. Oh, and not to forget shopping!! My family loves to shop. My favorite store we went to was a Japanese department store. It was just like being in Japan again.




Ethan with his Uncle Jacob and cousin Seth


6 comments:

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

Darling pictures. Hawaii was so fun wasn't it?

May Family said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. Ethan is adorable. I especially love the first picture of him; it is way cute.

Young People in Love said...

i can't believe how BIG ethan is! so cute!

Lindsey said...

I love your pictures! Ethan is so cute. You need to add more pictures now.

Rebecca said...

Ethan is so cute with his braided headband. I love Hawaii! I just wanted to let you guys know that I changed my blog address to www.sweet-things-in-life.blogspot.com. Christie has me paranoid about my last name being on the internet.

Rebecca said...

Hey Kari-
I changed it back to my old address. I figured that most people have their last name in the address. Sorry making you change my address again!