Monday, February 25, 2008

Reading

Lately I've gotten back in the book reading groove. Since Ethan was born I had been watching a lot of TV. I just got into the habit that every time I fed him, which is a lot, I would flip on the TV to pass the time. Luckily a friend that I use to work with at Los is an avid reader and let me borrow a few of her favorite books. Now I read instead of watch TV, most of the time, when I feed Ethan. It's kind of tricky turning the pages one handed but I'm getting good at it. Three that I read in the last week are The Secret Life of Bees, The Alchemist, and A Heart Like His. The last one my mom let me borrow and it is by Pres. Hinckley's daughter. I recommend them all especially the last book and most importantly none of them are scary. Aaron discourages me from reading scary books because when I used to I would cuddle up really close to him and wake him up at night because I was so scared. I was also too scared to go to the bathroom because there is a window in our bathroom without any blinds and I led myself to believe that a scary man had his face pressed up to the window and was watching me. That is silly because the window is beveled so he wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway, thank goodness. Anyway, I would love any book recommendations.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Have you read Twilight? I am in charge of my ward's book club so I will pass all of our good book ideas on to you. The last book we read was "The Five Languages of Love" by Gary Chapman. It was really great and easy reading.

. said...

Hey, cute blog! I read "The Secret Life of Bees" and loved it. good luck in texas.
-Brooke (Bohon) Whipple